8 Fun 30A Rainy Day and Nighttime Activities for Families
Most families visit the panhandle in Northwest Florida to enjoy the sunshine. However, rain will sometimes spoil your planned outdoor activities. And, of course, the sun sets every day. We don’t think the fun should end just because it starts raining or gets dark. So when you aren’t able to go bike riding, paddle boarding or kayaking, don’t sit around watching TV in your hotel room. We think your family will enjoy these other indoor activities near The Rental Shop 30A.
Shopping and Dining
The obvious rainy day activity is shopping. Nobody wants to go home without souvenirs, so enjoy the rain delay and drop by one of our local shopping centers to buy a few mementos of your vacation. Below are a few recommendations we have for you.
• Silver Sands Premium Outlet Mall in Miramar Beach
• Grand Boulevard in Sandestin
• Destin Commons
While you’re taking advantage of slow time, pass up the fast food to sample a dish at one of our neighborhood restaurants. Whether you prefer succulent seafood, hot and spicy Mexican, delicious Asian, scrumptious Italian, a mouthwatering steak or any other tantalizing menu, you’ll find something along 30A to satisfy your taste buds. Consider one of the restaurants below for a fine family dining experience.
• Basmati’s Asian Cuisine in Santa Rosa Beach
• Grayton Seafood Company in South Walton
• Christiano's Italian Restaurant in Santa Rosa Beach
• Los Rancheros Cantina & Grill in Santa Rosa Beach
There are plenty of museums within a 50-mile radius of Santa Rosa Beach. If you like history, be sure to visit the Camp Walton Schoolhouse Museum in Fort Walton Beach, FL. Do you like planes? The Air Force Armament Museum is also located along 30A at Fort Eglin Air Force Base. We also have a few science museums such as Emerald Coast Science Center located in Fort Walton Beach, FL and Science & Discovery Center of Northwest Florida in Panama City. While you’re in Panama City, be sure to visit Ripley's Believe It or Not and Wonderworks museums as well.
Other Indoor Activities
Now that we’ve discussed the top three things to do on a rainy day and after sunset, let’s look at five more fun indoor activities your family can do in Santa Rosa Beach and nearby communities along 30A.
• Are the kids full of energy? Bowling is great way to discharge that excessive energy, and it’s great exercise for the whole family. May we suggest Uncle Buck’s FishBowl and Grill inside Bass Pro Shop while you’re at Destin Commons?
• A trip to any of our local arcades, such as Blast Arcade and Laser Maze in Sandestin or Funland Arcade & Snack Bar in Panama City, is another great way to entertain the kids.
• Go on a treasure hunt – of sorts. You never know what you might find at one of our seaside flea markets. Check out De'france Indoor Flea Market/Fort Walton Antiques or perhaps the 15th Street Flea Market in Panama City.
• Go see a movie at any one of the several movie theaters in our area. Take a break from shopping at the AMC movie theater at Destin Commons or Boulevard 10 Cinema at Grand Boulevard.
• If you aren’t into flicks but more into cultural arts, there are plenty of plays and puppet show presentations at the performing arts theaters in our community, such as the Emerald Coast Theatre in Miramar Beach.
Rain and sunsets provide an opportunity to discover more of the benefits Santa Rosa Beach has to offer. Whether rain has doused your outdoor plans or you’re simply looking for something to do with the kids after the sun goes down, there are plenty of fun indoor activities you can do with your family in and around Santa Rosa Beach. We’ve only mentioned a few. Explore the area for more fun entertainment ideas.